- WinCheat - Debugging helper tool. More info
about WinCheat can be found in Programs page.
- X10Reconnect - Windows service that
monitors the Internet connection and reestablish it when dropped by using X10
- Media Catalog - allows fixing inconsistencies
in mp3 and wma filenames or media attributes (Title/Author), bulk-setting media attributes.
- Mount for Windows - allows mounting volumes as
folders or drives on Windows 2000, XP or later.
- PaypalLog2QIF - converts a Paypal history log
file into a full-history QIF file that can be imported in Quicken or Microsoft Money.
SourceSafe and SourceControl utilities
(see more source control-related resources in Source Control Pages
- VSSEMS Utility by Microsoft PSS - A tool for Visual
SourceSafe database administrators allowing copying user lists and rights
assignments across VSS databases, etc. The tool is officially unsupported by
Microsoft or by me for that matter.
- MSSCCI Source Code Control Providers Switcher by
Soenke Schau - runs in system tray allowing easy on-the-fly switching between
MSSCCI providers installed on the machine. The application is a VC++ project
and requires compile. Nice tool, to ve used with VisualStudio .NET 2003 and
older for easy source control provider switching. It is no longer needed for
VisualStudio .NET 2005, which includes provider switching mechanisms.
- Remove Source Control Info by Michael Carbenay
- removes source control info from VisualStudio.NET 2003 solution and project
files. Might be a substitute for the Unbind button from File/Source
Control/Change Source Control dialog. Use it only if you experienced
"Unspecified error" messages with the Change Source Control dialog. The
recommended way is to use the Unbind button - please contact Microsoft if you
experienced problems with it, so they can fix the bugs in next VisualStudio
- SSService Test - Test the connection to the RPC
service used by Visual SourceSafe 2005.
Visual Studio Samples
- NanoSoft's NSViews Resizable Dialogs library (used
With NanoSoft's NSViews Library, you can create dialogs, property sheets, and
views with controls that automatically resize when the window size changes. The
library is freeware and includes sources. You can download NSViews and read the
library documentation on
Ed Smetak website (Ed and Mike Knewtson developped NSViews).
- SnadBoy's Revelation v2.0 Text capture tool (WinCheat does similar text
capture and is freeware, including sources)
- KVTek's yiPost - DNS updater
- DIVSetup - Fat16/Ext2 Disk Image Viewer
- Yahoo Download Utils